This white chili recipe works well with ground chicken or turkey, too.
- 1 pound skinless, boneless chicken thighs, cut into 1” pieces
- Kosher salt, freshly ground pepper
- 1 poblano chile, seeds removed, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano
- 2 15-oz. cans cannellini (white kidney) beans
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- Sour cream, cilantro, and lime wedges (for serving)
Season chicken all over with salt and pepper. Heat oil in a Dutch oven or small stockpot over medium-high heat. Working in batches as needed, add chicken and cook, turning occasionally, until browned all over, 10–15 minutes. Transfer to a plate and set aside. Add onion and poblano chile and season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring often, until onion is softened and translucent, 8–10 minutes. Add garlic and cook, stirring, until fragrant, about 2 minutes. Add oregano and cumin and cook, stirring, until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add chicken broth, beans and their liquid, bay leaf, and chicken and bring to a simmer. Season with salt and pepper and cook, partially covered, stirring occasionally, until meat is cooked through and tender and liquid is slightly thickened, 30–35 minutes. Season with lime juice and more salt and pepper. Serve with sour cream, cilantro, and lime wedges.